Wednesday, December 3, 2014

                                               

                                 At the hospital waiting for answers... 

Soda and I were in the hospital’s waiting room when Ponyboy, Johnny and Dally arrived in three different ambulances. The three of them seemed to be badly hurt: Dally had a badly burned arm, Ponyboy was unconscious with a few burns and had a big bruise on his back, Johnny seemed to be the worst of them, he had a bad burn and a possible broken back.  Even thought I care deeply about all of them, Ponyboy was the one I was worried about the most, because he is my youngest brother and after losing my parents, I fear on losing him.

After the doctors checked if they were okay, Ponyboy and Dally were able to go to the waiting room where we were but Johnny had to stay for a longer time with the doctors. In the moment Ponyboy arrived to the waiting room, Soda gave Ponyboy a great big bear hug, while I was just standing there with my hands in my pockets. Suddenly Ponyboy realized I was crying and that was the moment when he noticed that I actually cared for him and that I was afraid of losing him.

As we were waiting on the hospital to know more about how Johnny and Dally were, there was a group of reporters who bombarded us with questions. We were getting so pissed off I convinced them to leave but the nurses would still not give us medical information of how Johnny and Dally were, because it’s something that can only be given to family members. After a long time trying to convince the nurses to let us know about them I managed to convince a doctor by telling him that we were the only real family this two boys had.  The doctor told us that Dally had one of his arms severally burned but eventually he would be able to regain, while Johnny was in critical condition, they said that his back was broken, he had third degree burns and that if he lived he would not be able to walk for the rest of his life. At the end we decided to just go home and try to have some rest.

The next morning Ponyboy and Two-bit went to the hospital to visit Dally and Johnny.  This time the doctors let them see Johnny, because Johnny was the one who asked for them. Johnny was able to talk to them and told them everything he felt when suddenly his mother showed up but he refused to see her.  Ponyboy and Two- bit also went to visit  Darry who was still in the hospital, they said that he apparently looked ok but was quiet disappointed that he was not going to be able to participate of the rumble on that night.

When they came back we started to get ready for the rumble we were going to have that night.




Waiting to know something about
Ponyboy, Dally and Johnny
in the hospital's waiting room.
(en.wikipedia.org)











Ponyboy, Soda and I
after a long time of waiting in the hospital
for Ponyboy.
(wp-blogs.moundsparkacademy.org)

















No comments:

Post a Comment