Wednesday, December 3, 2014


                                                 The night of the rumble 

As you might be aware I am part of the Greasers, which means that I have a gang. As most gangs we have nicknames, interests and we also have enemy gangs, such as the Socs.  For a long time my gang members and I have been fighting with them. Not all fights have ended up quite well, because at the end someone always gets hurt somehow. In one of the fights between Greasers and Socs, a Soc called Bob ended up dead because Soda had to stab him to save Ponyboy’s life.  A few hours ago Steve, Soda, Ponyboy, Two-bit and I, were involved in a very big fight against the Socs in which no weapons could be used, it had to be by using what we knew from previous fights. 

Before the fight started we decided that each one of us should use different things we knew from before. A few years ago I showed my boys some things I had learned in a course I took. I was very glad that it was useful for all of us. We weren’t very sure if Ponyboy should have gone to the fight because we where afraid of him getting hurt.

In the moment the rumble began, Dally showed up. Even though he was able to fight with only one arm he announced that the rumble couldn’t happen without him. The Socs lost the rumble, because they ran away first.  The only thing that mattered to us in that moment was the fact that we won!

I could see that Dally wasn’t quite happy about our victory I don’t know why but he suddenly grabbed Ponyboy and said that they had to go quickly to the hospital, because Johnny was dying.  Ponyboy didn’t look very well himself he was feeling sick, had cuts and had lots of bruises because of the rumble.

After the fight the boys and I were all in the living room trying to get back on our feet.  We were lying on the sofa when suddenly we heard Ponyboy entering the house. I could spot the scared look on his face when he noticed everyone was hurt.
I had a Band-Aid over my forehead and I also had a black eye, Steve had his shirt unbuttoned and a bandage on the side, Soda was with a wide cut on his lips and a gigantic bruise across his cheek, Two-bit had one part of his face taped up, because of the 4 stitches on his cheek and 7 on his hand. Even thought we were all hurt we were just chilling and smoking… Until the moment that Ponyboy started telling us what had happened in the hospital. I had to admit that I couldn't listen to everything that we were saying, because he was speaking very fast and nervously. One of the only things I was able to understand clearly was the fact that Johnny was dead. On that moment I just started looking at everything as if my world was falling apart…   





Me  in the Rumble against one of the Socs
(pixgood.com)


The boys and I after our victory,
all hurt but at least we won
good job!
( www.youtube.com)



Johnny talking for the last
time to Ponnyboy
(stay gold ponyboy stay gold)
(
www.youtube.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment